Garden Room

"One cannot think well, love well or sleep well if one has not dined well..."

The Garden Room

The origins of our beautiful building date back to 1003 when the site was established as a Benedictine Abbey by Wulfric Spott (believed to be a descendant of King Alfred) and our Garden Room is situated in what was the original monastic infirmary.  Although the Master of the Infirmary has long departed and all traces of medieval cures replaced by an impressive collection of world wines, it is this room with its mullioned windows, stained glass and exposed brickwork that provokes thoughts of time gone by.   Adjacent to our Laurent Perrier Room this room has 32 covers and is set with three clothed circular tables, it is perfect for groups of eight, ten or twelve diners  who enjoy being able to see and talk with all their guests.  Tables can be booked out individually or can be combined for larger party bookings – capacity is extended further when the curtains are opened and this area is booked in conjunction with the Laurent Perrier Room